Network Simulator Version 2, additionally called NS-2. NS-2 is a happening driven packet level network simulator developed as part of the VINT project (Virtual Internet Testbed). Numerous state-of-the-art simulation tools are obtainable for network research. Among the on the market simulators, NS-2 is the widely used and highly recognized open source network simulator. The simulation behavior of NS-2 is extremely trusted inside the analysis community. It could be a dependable and realistic discrete event based simulator tool and proves to be additional practicable. It is primarily designed primarily based on OSI model to support wired networks. CMU wireless extension of NS2 extensively supports wireless networks.
NS-2 has many and expanding uses including:
- To evaluate the performance of existing network protocols.
- To evaluate new network protocols before use.
- To run large scale experiments not possible in real experiments.
- To simulate a variety of IP networks
- To simulate mobile ad hoc networks and protocols
- To simulate wireless sensor networks and protocols
Protocol support in Wired Networks:
- Application layer – FTP, Telnet, HTTP
- Transport layer – TCP/UDP/SCTP/RTP/RTCP/XCP
- Local Area Network (LAN)
- Queue Management
- Differentiated Services
- Routing layer- Unicast/Multicast/ Hierarchical Routing Protocols
- Worm Model
- Satellite Networking
Protocol support in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks :
- Transport layer – TCP/UDP
- Routing layer – DSDV, DSR, AODV, TORA, ZRP, AOMDV
- MAC layer – IEEE 802.11, IEEE 802.16
Protocol support in Wireless Sensor Networks :
NS2 Project Tools :
- Trace Graph
latest NS2 Project Titles 2015 – 2016
For more Projects, click the following links: